Hello! Happy Saturday to you!
Well, since I posted yesterday about the Liebster award, I've had one blog friend who is willing to play along so I am listing her eleven questions to be answered.
I'm passing the award along to my blog and in-real-life friend Mimi from "Mimi's Passions." You can visit her blog HERE. Mimi, you can copy-paste the questions if you like, and copy/paste the award image from yesterday's post.
Here are your questions, Mimi:
1. When did you start blogging and what inspired you to blog?
2. How did you learn to quilt?
3. Do you enjoy cooking?
4. What is your favorite travel memory?
5. City or country?
6. What is your favorite TV program or series?
7. Did you have a part-time job while you were in high school?
8. How old were you when you learned to knit?
9. Tea, coffee, or neither?
10. Do you enjoy watching sports?
11. Do you belong to a mini-group?
Now, to complete the award rules, I'll try to list the eleven random things about myself that I skipped yesterday. Some of these may be things I've written about myself long ago on previous blogs.
1. I dislike coconut, especially when I can feel the texture, but I can tolerate it if it's only flavored slightly with it. If it's real coconut, I'm not eating it. I scrape it off, or pick it off, whatever it takes.
2. I worked as a car-hop in high school. I earned 40 cents an hour. And I thought I was lucky to have the job. As a young mom, I worked for a few years as a telephone long distance and information operator. I enjoyed being an operator but wasn't pleased with the hours I often had to work (nights and weekends and holidays).
3. I enjoy organizing, just about anything. I can spend hours doing something whole-heartedly and it seems like I accomplished very little but I feel very satisfied when I get it "just the way I want it."
4. Being a small town girl, I was excited by New York City when I used to visit family that lived there. At one time I even thought I would like to live there.
5. If I were young again and starting my life over, I think I would like to pursue education and become a college prof, if I made it that far.
6. While I love to watch movies and DVDs in my collection, I'm quite picky about what I will watch. It is difficult to find much that I like on cable and network TV these days. Not much at all.
7. I keep a journal although I don't write every day.
8. One thing I'd like to try is watercolor painting. I don't know if I have any talent for it but I like the look of it. My dad is an amateur artist and he gave me some lessons in oil painting a long time ago. I don't remember why but I lost interest and didn't pursue it.
9. I love to dance. I don't get opportunities anymore, unless I attend a class reunion or a wedding reception, but my feet still feel the urge when I hear music with a dancing beat. My favorite dance is the two-step.
10. I spent approximately one to two hours in the UK once. I was flying back to the US from Germany and our plane had a sudden problem and needed to land so it could be repaired. The announcement came on that we would be landing at Heathrow. It was very late afternoon, drizzly rain, and I saw nothing but the airport buildings that were near the plane.
11. When I watch shows about travel I get the urge to visit the places, but in reality I'm a homebody and don't like to travel very much. After only a few days, I'm always ready to go home.
This completes my part of the award. If you want to play along, be sure to let me know.
I'm happy you visited. Please come back and see me again!
XO XO XO
EDIT: Another of my blogger friends agreed to accept the award. Visit Valerie's blog "Lifes Little Garden" HERE. Thanks, Val!